Rechercher dans ce blog

mercredi 22 mai 2024

How Saving a lot of money in a short time? steps? personal finance and self-development.




 Saving a lot of money in a short amount


of time is not easy on one hand we're


fighting The increased cost of


accommodation food clothing and on the


other we're battling everyday Temptation


in a world where pretty much anything


can be bought with a single click in


fact the data shows that 61% of adults


in the US are living paycheck to


paycheck and 34% of adults living in the


UK have less than £1,000 in a savings


account so in this article. I wanted to


walk you through four effective


strategies that will simply ify and fast


trck your saving process if you're new


here I'm Nisha I'm a qualified


accountant and on this channel we


discuss all things personal finance and


self-development new articles come out


every single week let's get into it the


very first thing I want to talk about is


Parkinson's law and this is a concept


that was coined in the 1950s and in


simple terms it means that your work


will expand to fill the time that you


allocate to doing it for instance if I


set myself 3 weeks to plan and release


this articles. it will take me 3 weeks I'll


procr resonate I'll come across


something new and go down a rabbit hole


reading different articles on that topic


I'll find a way to make that work expand


to take up the full 3 weeks whereas if I


give myself 48 hours to release this


article. I'll find creative ways to get it


done and very likely the quality between


the two articles wouldn't be too different


this same principle can be applied to


personal finance where the resource


instead of time is money your spending


will expand to consume all available


funds if you let yourself spend all of


your net income you'll find a way to do


it but if you take away 10% as soon as


it hits your bank account on payday and


put it into another savings account that


you can't touch you'll find a way to


make that remaining 90% work and if you


think putting 10% away is doable try 20%


and living on the remaining 80% try 30%


and living on the remaining 70% you'll


be surprised by what you can do and you


might be listening to this thinking


that's ridiculous no way can I make this


work that's where the fourth saving


strategy I talk about comes in where I


go into more detail on how you can make


this work with what you have the second


saving strategy is to not be a last


minute person when I worked in my


corporate job during the busy weeks and


months I would get a takeout about three


to four times a week I'll be on my way


home it'll be late I'll be hungry and on


my way home I'll just order something


from deliver or Uber Eats so that it's


ready for when I got home and I did this


week after week because I didn't take a


few hours out on a Sunday to meal prep


and think about a healthier solution for


the week instead I'm still guilty of


sometimes doing this but planning in


advance can save you a lot of money it


will save you in overdrive fees because


you're setting up some time to check


your bank account it will save you in


Uber costs or taxi costs because you've


saved yourself enough time to get public


transport instead and planning in


advance also gives you options to do


better you can use your reward points to


book your next flight you can get a good


quality umbrella instead of waiting


until you're caught in the rain to buy


whatever is available there are times


when last minute flexibility is useful


but often it costs you money and limits


you with options the third saving Str


strategy is to utilize saving technology


with almost every habit that we want to


stick to or want to try there is some


sort of technology that will help make


it easier for us if you're trying to


reduce your social media consumption


there are apps like one sec that forces


you to take a deep breath before opening


the app giving you a second or two to


rethink your decision if you want to


improve your Fitness there are apps that


will help you do that and in the same


way if your focus is to save more money


you want to lean into the technology


that's available to help you out with


that there are apps that calculate how


much you can afford to save each week


and then automatically moves money into


a separate savings account or an


investment account there are accounts


like Plum if you're in the UK which


analyzes your spending to work out how


much you can afford to save and then it


automatically transfers the money over


every four or five days you can also


through that round up purchases to the


nearest pound and then save the


difference so for instance if you're


spending 130 it will round that up to2


and then you can automatically save the


remaining 70p if you want to check out


Plum . you want to find the right


apps or the right technology that will


help you align your habits to your goals


and make the process of saving a lot


easier the fourth point which is


arguably the one that will really make a


difference if you stick to it is doing a


year in review at the end of each year


we usually do a full evaluation on other


areas in our lives we look at what went


well what didn't how we can learn and


improve for the following year a great


way to save a lot of money in a short


amount of time is by doing the same


evaluation in detail top to bottom with


your finances this is different to a


monthly budget which I have a whole


different article for and a free tracker


that comes with it I'll leave a link to


that here but think of this monthly


budget as you rowing the boat you're


moving forward month by month whereas a


yearly review is you stepping back to


check the broader Horizon checking that


you're not just moving forward but


you're also moving in the right


direction so once a year I'll


consolidate all of the bank accounts


that I have my debit card accounts my


credit card accounts into one one main


tracker that money will have all the


money coming out of my account I'll


categorize my spending and then go


through each category line by line


asking myself three questions can I cut


this out or cancel it completely can I


live with less of it or can I get the


same thing cheaper from somewhere else


I'm not going to you this isn't


fun it's not interesting but you only


need to go through this once a year but


the ROI from this exercise and just


carving out 6 to seven hours to do it is


so worth it I gave myself 7 hours to do


it last month on a flight back to the UK


I've recorded my entire process I don't


know if it'll be useful or just a boring


article but if you want to see it let me


know and I'll show you how I went about


analyzing the numbers and the data one


thing that has really helped me analyze


data as well as develop a bunch of other


skills is brilliant.org who are very


kindly sponsoring this article


brilliant.org is an amazing online


platform with thousands of interactive


bite-sized lessons where you can Master


complicated topics such as artificial


intelligence programming data analysis


all these topics and skills that are


foundational in any field and you can


gradually learn them in as little as 15


minutes a day I highly recommend their


data analysis fundamentals course we


don't realize how much we use data


analysis in so many things from


understanding how to improve our


business through to looking at our


personal finance checking our content


analytics to improve our content and the


way it performs even if you're not after


data analysis and you're someone who


just wants to keep your mind active and


improve your critical thinking skills


there will be a course in here for you I


highly recommend checking brilliant out


they add new lessons every month to keep


things fresh you can join 10 million


other people using the free tral Link in


the description below and if you do


enjoy it and want to continue you can


also get 20% off of your subscription as


well using the same link brilliant.org


SL Nisha thank you so much for reading


if you find this content useful please


share it with someone else who'll


benefit someone who is looking to get


good with money and I also have a article


right here on how I manage my money on a


monthly basis where there's also a R


tracker see you there


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Article épinglé

Qu'est-ce que le harcèlement moral au travail ?