Rechercher dans ce blog

mercredi 22 mai 2024

Best advice for investing and Building Wealth. Reel story. creating wealth? How making more money?




At an old Berkshire Hathaway shareholder


meeting Charlie Munger was asked what


his best advice for investing and


Building Wealth is his response was the


first 100 000 is a bit but you gotta do


it I don't care what you have to do find


a way to get your hands on 100 000 and


after that you can ease off the gas a


little bit that first 100 000 is for


most people the most difficult part of


creating wealth and so in this article. I


want to share with you my formula how I


accelerated saving and investing my


first 100 000 and hopefully this will


give you some ideas in how you can do it


too if you're new here I'm Nisha I'm a


qualified accountant and on this channel


we talk about all things money and


self-development let's get into it the


very first thing I did before anything


else was creating wealth cap you can


only save as much as you earn if you


earn three thousand dollars a month the


maximum that you could ever save if you


literally did not spend a thing is three


thousand dollars that's your savings cap


the only way to increase that savings


cap is by making more money and so that


is where my primary focus was when I was


going for this Milestone there are so


many ways you can do this buy and sell


something on the side start a side


hustle take on extra freelancing work


but honestly the quickest and easiest


way to do this is by just getting a pay


rise through your day job and so that is


what I did a job should either be there


to learn or be there to earn ideally


both but for me at different points in


my career I focused on one or the other


and if I haven't got either I've


switched jobs the biggest pay risers I


saw was when I moved between


organizations between 30 to 40 percent


pay jump which for me was Far higher


than what I got in the years that I


stayed in the same organization so I


have a full article which breaks down


exactly what I made and what my base


salary was every year for the last nine


years I'll link that over here and that


shows you what I did at what point in my


career to ultimately increase the


savings cap something that you'll notice


from that article is that even though the


ghost salary might look high what my


take home is after tax is another thing


altogether saving your first 100 000 is


hard and if you're relying on just one


source of income to be able to do that


it's going to be a very very long game


especially after taking into account all


the other fixed costs that you have rent


or a mortgage bills groceries it will


take most people years and years which


leads me to the second way of increasing


your earnings potential and that is


through exploring other options and


better yet ones where you can keep more


of what you make there are a million


different ways to get to the same


destination and so once my salary was at


a certain level to get to the next level


I used my salary as leverage to buy my


first investment property I say


investment property but I knew that I


was going to in fact live there three


four five years later and my tenant also


knew about this so I'll explain my


thought process behind this in the next


part of the article but ultimately this


decision meant I was able to get another


source of income through rental income


and again increasing my savings cap so


you want to think about how you can buy


assets or what assets you could buy to


generate additional cash flow at the


same time I was also exploring with


different side hustles and developing


skills that would help me increase my


income outside of my day job and I can


tell you I failed so so many times at


this maybe I'll make a whole article on


all the businesses that failed because


at many times it felt like I was going


backwards I'd be putting money into


these businesses but no money was coming


back out so I'd keep going back to the


drawing board and starting over and over


again try loads of things and when you


fail fail fast and fail forward every


time I failed I took those learnings


with me to the next thing I tried and


then if that failed to the next thing I


tried and I kept going until it all


added up and led me to something that


did work which leads me to the second


thing I did which is a absolute must if


you're trying to get to the 100 000 and


that is to creatively live below your


means I use the word creatively because


I see so much personal finance advice


centered around depriving yourself and I


don't want to Advocate that lifestyle


because even though being Frugal and


saving resonates with more people there


are so many other ways to live below


your means without having to live like a


bro student for your entire life and


money should be used as a tool to create


the life that you want not take away


from it and a lot of this is about just


being smart about how you're using your


money so I mentioned earlier about


buying an investment property that later


became a place that I lived I probably


would not have been able to buy that


property if I didn't a have the massive


advantage of having a reasonably well


paid job and secondly being able to live


at home with my parents for the first


few years of my working life and even


after that I bought the property I lived


at home for a bit longer because the


opportunity cost of living in that place


versus renting it out was around 2 500


pounds a month now I get it there are so


many reasons why people can't do this


you don't get along with your parents


you want to move out and be independent


they don't live near where you want to


stay whatever it is for me being able to


firstly spend more time with them at


that point in my life and secondly


through it being able to save more


really helped me accelerate getting to


that Milestone and going back to Charlie


munger's quote find a way to get your


hands on the first 100K do whatever it


takes this was my way it definitely


isn't the only way one of my friends


bought a two-bedroom flat at the same


time but she wanted to move out so her


way to get her hands on the first 100


000 and live below her means was to rent


out the spare bedroom living below your


means doesn't just mean not being able


to do something it also means being


creative about how you can afford to do


that thing and one of the best ways to


do this is by analyzing where the


biggest costs in your life are and think


about how you could get the same thing


but for Less I have a free save your


first 100 000 tracker that is in the


description box below and the whole


premise behind this is to see how and


where you're spending across an entire


year when you can visibly see exactly


where each pound or each dollar is going


you become a lot more mindful of where


the biggest costs are and then your


brain really starts to unlock ways and


ideas in how you can live below your


means so take some time to look at this


and figure out how you can increase the


gap between your earnings and your


expenses as much as possible and then


with the difference you can do the next


stage which is letting it multiply the


first 100 000 is the hardest but the


reason why there's such a focus on it is


because once you save and invest that


amount the next 100 000 and the 100 000


after becomes a lot easier than the


first because of the power of


compounding think about it someone with


1000 and someone with a hundred thousand


can be investing in the exact same thing


returning eight percent per year the


first person will make eighty dollars


after year one and the second person


would make eight thousand and then that


money gets reinvested and the difference


just keeps getting greater and compounds


which is why other than what you need to


keep aside for your emergency fund any


additional savings should be invested to


benefit from that compounding early on


you don't need a hundred thousand to


start investing you can start investing


for as little as one pound or one Euro


through apps like trading 212 who are


very kindly sponsoring this article


trading 212 is a great app and lets you


trade stocks funds ETFs and foreign


exchange even if you don't have enough


money to start investing seriously you


can build the habits early on so if


you're new to the world of investing you


can use fake money and invest fake money


which tracks what the market is doing in


real time so you can see if I invested


100 pounds into x what that would be


worth in weeks months years down the


line this gets you comfortable with the


Habit investing so that when you're


ready you can start to use the real mode


what I also like about trading 212 is


their pies feature where you can follow


other people's pies so someone may have


created an investment pie for example 20


in a growth fund 30 and an energy fund


to 50 and the S P 500 and you can see


the performance of those pies and copy


those pies into your own account they


have also recently added a new feature


for multi-currency accounts usually if


you're investing in a us-based fund


where a large portion of the stock


market is you'd have to convert your


money and incur FX fees every time you


do this if you're depositing from Europe


but now you can actually withdraw and


deposit from the same currency of your


bank account's currency so you don't


have to pay your bank conversion fees


and it effectively allows you to manage


foreign exchange volatility by letting


you hold multiple currencies through the


App instead if you want to try out


trading 212 you can get a free share


worth up to 100 pounds when you use the


code Nisha


nischa so thank you training212 for


sponsoring this article ultimately saving


your first 100 000 may seem Out Of Reach


but if you really put it at the


Forefront and focus everything you do


around it even if it means sacrificing


some things here and there you can


really accelerate your journey to


Building Wealth I'd love to know where


you stand in your financial building


stage and what you're doing to get to


that six figure savings Mark if you want


some ideas on what you can cut back to


save more and invest more without


cutting back on your quality of life I


have a article that's completely dedicated


to that I'll link that over here thank


you for reading don't forget to


subscribe if you haven't already and


I'll see you in one of my other articles


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Article épinglé

Qu'est-ce que le harcèlement moral au travail ?